Friday, December 26, 2008

everybody's looking at you like they want to go home with you

...And just like that, Christmas '08 is another memory.






I think mine went pretty well overall. Lots of visiting, lots of food, and lots of evil spirits surrounding the scale. I seriously over-ate, and walking up the flight of stairs just proved how much crap is now inside my body. "Santa" treated me well, I got everything i wanted... PLUS A TINY TOONS SEASON 1 DVD [I never even knew it existed!] I was so obsessed with Tiny Toons when I was younger, like it was seriously an unhealthy obsession. And, now, I can re-live my past obsessions and enjoy the company of nostalgia for a bit.


Speaking of nostalgia, Christmas at my nonna's house sparked a lot of it. See, when I was little, me and my two cousins would always have so much fun together. We'd "sneak away" from the table by crawling under it, dodging all the grown-ups legs, and going into the living room and playing tag or house. We'd always have so much fun, wherever we were. But, now, it's changed. The whole time we were sitting at the table letting the awkward silence take it's toll on us, and just listening to what the people at the other end of the table were talking about. Sometimes, we'd speak a word or two to each other, but most of the time it was either eavesdropping, or hearing the annoying clicks of their cellphone buttons while they were texting their friends. Even though I'm cellphoneless, really? Do they really feel the need to bring their cellphones with them to the dinner table? Let alone, the Christmas dinner table? And text their friends every two seconds? I think that's the major barrier between them and me. Those cellphones. And the fact that they're all like "Ooh, Hollister, Abercrombie & Bitch = <3">Anyways, right now I'm chugging down chamomile tea, loaded with honey. I'm starting to lose my voice yet again. Can there ever be a day when I'm not sick with something?! But I'm not complaining...

1 comments:

AuckChuck said...

ahaha hollister and abercrombie. It's the people who have to have the name brand showing so the whole world can see it, they annoy me xD . Like who care's what brand you're wearing as long as you got clothes on.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com