Tuesday, November 18, 2008

is this coincidence or a sign

So, as I sit here trying to come up with something to say, I realize what has happened to me in the past few days. A friendship I thought was falling apart ended up flourishing again into what we both used to know and remember. I realized that everything I think up of in my head, will turn out to be the exact opposite of what I expect (karma's not a bitch to me - fate is). I learnt that being alone and secluded is what I'd prefer than being around people 24/7. It's nice at first, but then people just get plain ol' annoying, and I go hibernate in a corner somewhere to be alone. I've realized that I'd do anything to get him to notice me, whether that means giving up my lunch time to go to the library and study, hoping maybe he'd glance my way, or doing the "soulja boy" in front of about 500+ kids in the cafeteria. Love really does make you do crazy things...
But what I've also realized is that things will never be the same, and that things are always in motion, always changing. I knew that before, but I haven't really thought about it... The world just keeps on spinning and it's not going to stop for you or for anyone. Eventually, time goes on, people move on and memories become ghosts in your subconscious mind. Just like the leaves fall daintily from the trees to make way for the winter snow, you have to learn to just let go. You can't keep holding on to something that's just not there... For example, you're holding one end of a rope, and someone else is holding another. You start tugging on it, almost like a game of tug o' war. You hold on as hard as you can, that your palms start to bleed from the excruciating pain that it's taking you to hold on tight, to not let go, to not give up. But then, the other person lets go, sending you in a freefall towards the ground. You look down at your hand, see the cuts and bruises left by the rope, but your grip is still tight. But then you glance towards the other end of the rope and you notice nothing's there. Nobody. You're by yourself, on the ground, with no receiving end...

This is just some random rambling. Excuse me if it doesn't make sense :)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com