Tuesday, December 23, 2008

christmas?

I finally feel myself getting into the Christmas spirit this year. After spending close to $200 on gifts (a ridiculous amount of money to me, considering i'm unemployed), and countless hours on paintings and other projects, I can say that I'm finally feeling good about admitting that we are currently in the midst of the holiday season. I'm usually in denial around this time, but this is an especially good year for me.
I'm beginning to notice the "holiday backlash" though. Remember how the past few years haven't been "Christmas," but "the holidays" instead? Well, every chain store (mostly Wal-Mart) seems to be giving that idea a huge FUCK YOU by having Christmas-themed everything. No other winter holiday seems to be even casually mentioned. It's weird.

I saw this youtube video, and it kinda correlates to what i'm saying


0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com