Wednesday, February 4, 2009

digress

i need to get back into the blogging spirit again, because i seemed to have lost touch with it for a good two weeks or so? XD anyways... my mom just came in my room and told me to 'get off the computer and go play with your sister.' and she gave me a huge lecture on how everytime i get home from school, i just isolate and lock myself up in my room, and never come out until dinner time. it's like i'm voluntarily putting myself in a jail cell... well, a fun jail cell. because i'm around friends and annoying people ALL day, and when i get home, i want to be in solitude and peace. is it so much to ask just to be alone for a few hours? but oh well, i digress.

so today i went to the mall with my two best friends, rachel and jessica. to meet a guy. an older guy. a 22 year old guy... which isn't THAT OLD if you think about it, but compared to me, is pretty old. my friend rachel started talking to him through facebook creeping, and she met up with him at the mall last week with another friend of hers [TALK ABOUT DANGEROUS!] supposedly he ended up being a real nice guy to her... but i was still skeptical, and so was jessica. so we decided to go together to meet this new guy of hers. his name was MOE, and he was saudi arabian and he talked about russell peters and soccer a lot. he was also making some advances on rachel... and i was like 'WTF PERVERT MUCH?' because he's 22, and rachel's 16. according to law, it's not even legal to be able to date someone within 5 years of age [but who really cares about the law, anyways?] but, seriously. when we were walking around the mall with each other, he kept flirting with her and making these creepy moves on her and it was just really awkward. he kept saying 'oh come to my soccer game' 'come to my house with my friends and we can drink' 'come to my house alone'. then the creepiness just sort of escalated from there, when rachel was actually appreciating and enjoying what he was saying to her, and kept flirting back. now, to me, there's a fine line when it comes to flirting. either you're flirting flirting... or just being a straight out hoe. rachel, as much as she's my friend, was a hoe. and i told her to watch out for him, because he obviously wants to get her in the pants, and she was like 'oh no no, don't worry. you can trust me.' as much as i want to trust her, i can't. she's been through so many guys and stuff, and all i can do is worry for her because her feelings can fluctuate so quickly, and if this MOE breaks her heart... she'll be down in the dumps for a month or so, and i'll be getting the worst end of it. and i will have to go do some serious ass-kicking on this moe guy. i've told her so many times before to watch out. but she never listens, everything i say seems to go in through one ear and out the other. i don't mean to sound bitter, but if she comes crying back to me when this guy is done with her, all i can say is:

i told you so. no need to console you, i told you everything that was going to happen, and you didn't want to listen to me. i don't want to see you as a big teary-eyed mess. come back to me when you're fully capable of keeping a straight face, and not letting those dams break every minute something reminds you of him.

2 comments:

carlydee said...

There's only so much you can do when looking out for a friend... you can tell them and plead, but they really make the final choice. It's tough, but if it ends badly, you'll be there for her.

You're a good friend, honey, a good honest friend.

Amandasaurus said...

Really? She found him on facebook? And he's interested in her even though he's got to be out of college by now and she's still in high school? wowww that's really sketch, and I'm sorry your friend got caught up in all this. Keep trying, but just know that you can't make her decisions for her.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com