Saturday, April 11, 2009

babycakes... or infatuation.

WARNING: this is probably going to be a preposterous rant.

i don't really mean to get too personal on this blog, but something has been "erging" me for quite some time. it has to do with one of my best friends, and her year 1/2 boyfriend. the thing is, we used to be so close a year 1/2 ago. we were inseperable, the best of friends that two people could ever be. but then she got a boyfriend. and since then, both of them, have been INFATUATED with each other. because of that, our friendship has sorta been on the decline. she spends all her time with him, they talk to each other 24/7, and whenever we hang out, either two of these situations happen:
A) he comes along, and snags her all to himself. and i'm talking about the whole idea of PDA. also, a bunch of mushy stuff being said to each other, which leads to awkward social advances on my part.
or
B) invariably texts him, or he texts her. i try and have a conversation with her, but half the time she's too pre-occupied on her cellphone, musing about her "babycakes"

it kind of makes me want to gag in my mouth. not to be mean or anything, it just gets to me. before we had this whole friendship based on scheming plans, gossipping and having a good time all around. but now, our friendship has just sort of fizzed out ever since her boyfriend came along.

but the main reason why i seem to throw up in my mouth everytime i'm around them is because, as stated earlier, they are infatuated. with everything about each other. proof:

3) Do you get along with this person all the time?
99.999999% onlya 0.000001% of us not gettin along which makes it never=D

13) How many times do you talk to this person during a week?
all day, everyday 24/7 baby♥=-D

21) If you ever moved away would you miss this person?
I'd die and do whatever i could to stay with my babycakes♥=] I never ever wanna be appart from herr♥♥=]

28) If you could give this person one thing what would it be?
my heart,my soul, my mind she's already got em though♥=D

47) Do you like this person?
I LOVE HER SOO MUCH AND MORE AND FOREVER TILL ETERNITY AND LONGER THAN THAT♥♥=D!!!!


AND THAT'S THE GUY TALKING. sure, it's cute and stuff. but gag me [haha always wanted to say that... ZING xD] it gets really sickening. i don't believe that can be love at all. it's infatuation, INFATUATION, I TELL YA. love deals with ups and downs. pain. suffering to be with the person. it's a roller coaster ride, it's not all peaches and cream. they have not been in a single argument - ever. that's disgusting. i shouldn't rationalize here, but if they haven't been in an argument, or some petty little fight, then it can't be love. i think that love is like sailing the ocean. there will be waves and storms. but if you can sail through it together, and fight the forces of nature, you will eventually get to dry land.
as far as i'm concerned, my friend is just walking along the shore with her boyfriend, completely disregarding the fact that in order to get to the other side, they need to pace through the water.

it's crazy, so hard to explain. and it sucks that i'm wasting a blog post on something so completely and utterly stupid.

because i know i'm going to eat my words one day.

2 comments:

Amandasaurus said...

ugh. You are totally justified in the whole gag-me sentiment. Really? They've never fought? Are they... even human? But no, I don't want to put your friend down or anything. It's just that I know how bad it sucks to lose your best friend to a guy. At least you guys still talk and try to hang out. I didn't even get that much out of my so-called BFFL. I hope she comes around, and in the meantime keep doing what you're doing; at least your presence tells her you still care, you know?

chia said...

gah! we all experience this with our besties sometimes. :D

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com